Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No worries, right?

Week 3 and all are not so well. All five of the kids went to the doctor for bronchits. All got antibiotics. I hate giving antibiotics, but sometimes I have to. ..

The background: We met our new doctor. She is a lovely woman from BC(British Columbia) in another city. Ok, I don't know how to explain this, but there is a scenic overlook on the way to the doctor. . It is a very steep drive to me.

When you are sick here, you just go to either a walk in clinic, like an urgent care center or to your doctor as a walk in, where you won't see your doctor, but an associate. The kids were so sick that I knew we needed to go. . .Grace had blood coming out of her ear, Moriah could barely breathe. . .All of us just went as a walk in and waited for about 2 1/2 hours. Everyone was given antibiotics, breathing treatments. . .

The weather: It's still not too bad . . 1 C. .. it was a Chinook last week where a warm wind comes in from the Pacific. I was talking to a woman who said that her son didn't like the winters here because of the Chinooks. .. not enough cold weather. . . and snow. I just didn't know what to say.

Still no garbage pick up. ..I called today and they said to call back in 2 more days.

John did a Bible study on homesickness reading Jeremiah . . .being an exile would make one homesick. We were talking about homesickness in the Bible. I have been thinking about this: Phillipians 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21.
who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

I really should be homesick for heaven.

Does anyone else have a verse about homesickness?



The scenic view:

4 comments:

  1. I know you don't like driving in the snow and on steep roads, can't blame you there, but man it is beautiful!

    I am so sorry the kids are sick. Praying that they are all better soon.

    I will see if I can come up with a verse....

    Love and miss you all lots. I think I am still in denial that you all are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't have a verse but I have a hymn. One of my favorite movies is "Trip to Bountiful" because all the main character wants is home. She wants to go home. The song in the background is "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling". Calling oh sinner, come home.
    Home is where Jesus is and I'm so grateful I don't have to wait for heaven for that to happen!
    Love y'all!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, I want to see that movie! Thanks for commenting.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie,
    I am very sorry about all the sickness. I know it is very difficult when it all hits at once like that. I hope with the antibiotics everyone will mend quickly. What a good reminder that we all need to be homesick for heaven.

    ReplyDelete