Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday

Everyday is so filled with new experiences. It's exciting and tiring. John and I went to the Government of Canada Building to get my SIN number (Social Insurance Number) like a Social Security Number. On the way up, we found the cutest hats which I hope to show later. Again, I was shocked by all the people in short sleeves, no coats at all. . .at one point I just said outloud, "What would your mother say if she knew you were not wearing a coat!" It was about 19 F/-7 C. (Aren't I so metric!)


Then we went to the AMA (Alberta Motorist Association). It's the AAA of Alberta. I was supposed to trade in my coveted Texas license for an Alberta one, however we were missing a form stating my new address. At the same place, we applied for the Government health program. My number is coming in the mail. I feel like I am alot of numbers now.


One hard thing about moving is that I don't know things. They kept asking me what my phone number is. . .I don't know it. We have a lot of garbage and I don't know our new garbage day.


In the evening, John, Grace and I went to another grocery store called Sobeys in search of better prices and so many comfort foods. ..if I hear one more time that we have no mayonaise. . . Grocery thoughts: They had a lot of Weight Watchers food and no skim milk. .. one product they had was called mock chicken, at least they are honest! I'm sure we were the loudest people in there!


Canadian people seem very friendly, right? Everywhere we have gone, they are efficient and friendly.
The prices were worse at Sobeys and I think Dorothy we are not in Kansas anymore. . ..


2 comments:

  1. So, if I email or call should I refer to you as "48565748" instead of Marie? Just kidding!

    I imagine these administrative things are tiring. Once upon a time I thought all those things were fun. I must be getting old. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you REMEMBER your number? I always put hard to remember numbers in my cell phone.....that might help.
    So do we call for you by your number???? :) I hope things get easier as the days go by....love the pic of Grace.
    Hope your grocery endeavors go better, too. If you need mayo, let me know and i'll mail you what you need! :)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete