Saturday, January 29, 2011

Servants Anonymous

I went to a really interesting " jewelry party" last night to help educate and protect women involved in human trafficking. It was very sad and overwhelming.

The first thing they asked me when I walked in the door was, "Are you a Texan?" My reply is always, " I lived in Houston, and before that I lived in Holland." There were the usual comments about "the States" and there's always the thoughtful, " So, what do you think of Canada?". That is always hard to answer, but especially yesterday because the temperature was -18 with heavy snowfall.

One lady did say, " I have to go to a wedding in April in Houston. Give me one good reason to go to Houston in April".

"The weather. "

She was not satisfied. "Houston's most beautiful natural resource is its people. "


No comments:

Post a Comment