Thursday, March 10, 2011

Braces part 2

The day finally arrived for Moriah to get her braces.

He uses a different type of bracket than I have ever seen and so I would appreciate any comments on this: Damon systems by Ormco. Moriah has the damon q which are all metal and close like a door. This was the really interesting part. . . she only has appointments every 10 weeks. I thought I seriously missed my calling. . . I should have been an orthodontist in Calgary! The price of braces is twice what it is in Houston and I only have to see patients every 10 weeks. We saw the ortho today for less than 30 seconds.
The orthodontist's assistant did everything. The braces were on a wax mold and they just slipped it over her teeth. Then they took the wax off and the braces remained. Interesting.
Mimey only has braces on her 6 front teeth as this is a phase 1.
She was so brave!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all! How is she doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our orthodontist here in Katy uses the Damon system, but he put my brackets on individually. He is quite the perfectionist.

    ReplyDelete